Welcome to Athens.Welcome to Athens, one of the ancient capitals of the world. On arrival an Insight host will meet you at the airport and take you to your centrally located hotel. Once here there will be time to settle in and relax before meeting your Travel Director and fellow travellers at 19:00 for a Welcome Dinner.(Dinner with Wine)MEALSDinner with WineHOTELDivani Caravel Hotel/Crowne Plaza Athens City Center, Athens.
Athens Sightseeing:Your Local Expert will show you the incredible sights of Athens including the Acropolis and the Parthenon. The Acropolis of Athens and its monuments are universal symbols of Athens’ classical spirit and civilization. They form the greatest architectural and artistic complex bequeathed by Greek Antiquity to the world. In the evening, head back to your hotel for a relaxed evening before you head to Santorini in the morning.(Breakfast)MEALSBreakfastHOTELDivani Caravel Hotel/Crowne Plaza Athens City Center, Athens.
Depart for Santorini.Enjoy breakfast at the hotel before transferring to the port for the ferry to Santorini. Famed for the scattered white Cycladic houses that rest upon its cliffs, Santorini is a dreamy getaway. Upon arrival, transfer to your hotel and take time to relax. Why not take a dip in its pool or head down to the hotel’s private beach? In the evening join your fellow travellers for a cooling cocktail whilst viewing the famous spectacular caldera as the sun sets over the Aegean Sea.(Breakfast)MEALSBreakfastHOTELDe Sol Hotel and Spa, Santorini
Santorini.Today you’ll delve into the geological history of Santorini. In the morning a local geology expert will divulge secrets about this volcanic island and the caldera, revealing the details of its formation. The rest of the day is yours at leisure. Why not head for a swim at Ammoudi Bay, to the Santorini Wine Museum or ask your Travel Director for some restaurant recommendations?(Breakfast)MEALSBreakfastHOTELDe Sol Hotel and Spa, Santorini
Santorini.With a day at leisure, why not take the opportunity to visit the site of Akrotiri; an ancient city covered by the volcano ash and uncovered in 1967. From Akrotiri you will continue to a local winery where you will enjoy an afternoon tasting the best regional flavours. If shopping is more your thing, spend your time walking the white walled alleyways browsing the many shops and taking in the breath-taking views of the caldera.(Breakfast)MEALSBreakfastHOTELDe Sol Hotel and Spa, Santorini
Santorini.Enjoy a full day exploring the island at leisure. Perhaps sit back and relax at the hotel’s private beach and pool or ask your Travel Director for restaurant recommendations. Santorini is famous for its local delicacies including seafood and sweeter goods, such as baklava, a dish made up of layers of filo, nuts and syrup or honey.(Breakfast)MEALSBreakfastHOTELDe Sol Hotel and Spa, Santorini
Mykonos.After your breakfast at the hotel, transfer to the port for the ferry sailing to Mykonos. Upon arrival you’ll be transferred to your hotel. Explore the town of Mykonos with a Local Expert and discover the maze of pretty alleyways of stunning Cycladic houses that make up the island. Later, make a welcoming stop to taste a selection of local delicacies and learn the secrets of Mykonian Cuisine.(Breakfast)MEALSBreakfastHOTELRoyal Myconian, Mykonos
Mykonos:Today you’ll have free time to explore. Perhaps enjoy an optional experience of the island, visiting the traditional village of Ano Mera and exploring the beautiful rugged scenery?(Breakfast)MEALSBreakfastHOTELRoyal Myconian, Mykonos
Mykonos.Enjoy free time in Mykonos. Why not visit Delos, a small island off the coast of Mykonos? The island is an archaeological site that houses iconic ruins, including Doric temples, markets, an amphitheatre and mosaics. The mythological birthplace of Apollo, it is one of the most unique sights worldwide, with ongoing excavations and a beautiful small museum.(Breakfast)MEALSBreakfastHOTELRoyal Myconian, Mykonos
Mykonos.Meet a Greek captain on a wonderful cruise to the stunning, world-famous south coast beaches of Mykonos, where you can sit back and relax as you enjoy the weather and coastal views.(Breakfast)MEALSBreakfastHOTELRoyal Myconian, Mykonos
Depart Mykonos.After breakfast at your hotel you will be transferred to the port of Mykonos to board the ship to Piraeus in Athens. Once here you will be met at the port and transferred to your Athens hotel. There is time in the afternoon for you to do some last-minute sightseeing, souvenir shopping or just relax at your hotel. Enjoy your last night with your fellow travellers at a Celebration dinner to toast your experiences.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)MEALSBreakfast, Dinner with WineHOTELDivani Caravel Hotel/Crowne Plaza Athens City Centre, Athens.
Farewell Athens.The Greek island hopping trip ends today, but the fond memories remain! After your breakfast at the hotel transfer to the airport for your flight home.(Breakfast)MEALSBreakfast
- Greek Island Explorer10 Days from $2,350
- Grecian Legends11 Days from $3,695
- Grecian Dreams12 Days from $3,850
- Grecian Fables15 Days from $4,950
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- On departures with 8 or more guests, personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door. Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- Your stay on the islands is locally hosted. On departures with 10 or more guests, travel between islands is fully escorted. Transportation on the islands is by air-conditioned coach or luxury minibus.
- High-speed ferry transfers from Athens to Mykonos and Santorini. Ferry schedules and the availability of high-speed ferries may be affected by adverse weather conditions and other unforeseen circumstances.
- Porterage is not available on ferries.
- Complimentary transfers from/to Athens Airport are available on arrival and departure days, or with additional accommodation booked through Insight Vacations.
- Santorini: What better way to start your island adventure than to sip on a cocktail as you take in one of the world’s most beautiful sunsets.
- Mykonos: Learn about traditional Mykonian cuisine as you taste some of the local delicacies.
- Dining Summary: 5 Breakfasts (B) and 2 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Santorini: Hear about the volcanic history of the island through the knowledge of an expert geologist.
- Mykonos: Meet a local Greek captain who will take you down to the beautiful south beaches of Mykonos and tell you more about life on the island.
Stay in Style
- Athens: Situated on the banks of the ancient Ilissos river, this high-tech luxury hotel pays tribute to Greece’s fascinating ancient past, with the river itself once being mentioned in Plato’s writings. While here, you’ll be inspired to delve further into Greece’s history without losing all the benefits of the 21st century and the hotel’s sophisticated amenities.
- Athens: Situated in the centre of Athens, the Divani Caravel Hotel is a member of the Leading Hotels of the World, offering elegant rooms, sumptuous suites, and a variety of restaurants and bars. For the health conscious there is a rooftop health club, and indoor and outdoor swimming pools. Head to the hotel’s upper floors for breathtaking views of the Acropolis and Lycabettus Hill.
- Santorini: Minimalistic luxury is the mantra at the Splendour Resort, Santorini. With sweeping views over the Aegan Sea, the hotel lets the scenery do the talking, while still including all the modern luxuries you’ll need for your stay. It offers a private beach and pool for those that want to make the most of Greece’s glorious weather.
- Santorini: Located at the entrance to Fira, the capital of Santorini, this lavish hotel is a fashionable getaway for those after breathtaking views, relaxation and rejuvenation. The hotel holds two restaurants, bars, fresh water swimming pools and a beauty spa, so you’re able to unwind in style after a day exploring.
- Mykonos: Positioned in Tourlos Bay, just 2 km from cosmopolitan Mykonos town, this modern hotel overlooks the Aegean Sea and the ancient island of Delos, the mythological birthplace of Apollo. It offers luxury accommodation, bars and a private pool, making it an idyllic place to relax and rejuvenate.
Top Rated Highlights
- Athens: Ascend the Acropolis with a Local Expert to admire the Parthenon, built in 5th century B.C. Steps away you’ll see the Temple of Athena Nike, also known as the Temple of the Wingless Victory, and the six stone-carved caryatids that make up the Porch of the Maidens on the Erechtheion.
- Mykonos: Enjoy the ferry ride from Santorini to Mykonos with beautiful views of the Mediterranean Ocean.
- Mykonos: Explore Mykonos Town with a Local Expert and wander the beautiful blue and white streets.
- Athens: Soak in the last views of paradise as you ride the ferry back to Athens.