Welcome to Cairo.A country rich in wonders and mysteries awaits you. You will be met at the airport and transferred to your hotel.HOTELCairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino.
The Egyptian Museum and Citadel.Meet at 08:00 to begin your city sightseeing with your Egyptologist at the world-famous Egyptian Museum. Starring among its attractions is the amazing treasure recovered from Tutankhamun’s tomb. Sightseeing continues at the Citadel where you enjoy breathtaking views over the whole city. Salah El-Din started the Citadel in the 12th century, but it owes its present outline to Mohammed Ali, whose Great Alabaster Mosque is the next stop. Later, you will have free time to enjoy as you wish. In the evening, get to know your Tour Director and fellow guests over a Welcome Drink at the hotel. Afterwards, take your seats at the magical Sound & Light Show at the Great Pyramids which literally illuminates the history of Giza – an unforgettable introduction to the world of ancient Egypt.(Breakfast)MEALSBreakfastHOTELCairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino.
The Great Pyramids of Giza.Gain a deeper understanding of the last remaining Wonder of the Ancient World during a visit to Giza with your Egyptologist. Meet the enigmatic Sphinx crouching at the foot of Chephrenís Causeway and venture inside one of the magnificent pyramids. Nearby lies Memphis, capital of the Old Kingdom, where you can see the colossal statue of Rameses II and the great Alabaster Sphinx. Continue to Sakkara to view the Step Pyramid of Zoser I dating from 2686 B.C., it’s the oldest in the world. Enjoy free time in the afternoon.(Breakfast)MEALSBreakfastHOTELCairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino.
Fly to Luxor, Cruise the Nile.Fly to Luxor and visit the huge temple complex of Karnak. Walk through the avenue of ram-headed sphinxes to stand among the columns of the Hypostyle Hall. Transfer to your cruise ship. After lunch on-board, take a walk through the Luxor museum and witness ancient artefacts and 2 Royal mummies.(Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)MEALSBreakfast, Lunch, DinnerHOTELMS Medea (or similar).
Valley of the Kings to Edfu.Travel by air-conditioned coach to the west bank of the Nile to see the Colossi of Memnon, and visit both the Temple of Hatshepsut and Valley of the Kings, where many pharaohs were buried. Visit a family home and witness the local artisans making authentic Egyptian bread. Visit Luxor Temple which was unearthed by Mariette in the 1860s. Return to your cruise boat and sail via the Esna Lock to Edfu for your overnight.(Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)MEALSBreakfast, Lunch, DinnerHOTELMS Medea (or similar).
Kom Ombo to Aswan.Early morning sail for Kom Ombo and visit its temple dedicated to two gods: the crocodile-headed Sobek and falcon-headed Horus the Elder. In the evening, don your traditional Egyptian attire called galabeyas, for a fun-filled Egyptian dinner and galabeya party.(Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)MEALSBreakfast, Lunch, DinnerHOTELMS Medea (or similar).
Aswan’s High Dam and Nile Felucca.In the morning, visit the Aswan High Dam and Granite Quarries to see the enormous Unfinished Obelisk. Travel by motorboat to the Temple of Isis, rising from the waters of the Nile on the Island of Philae. Later, on a traditional Nile Felucca, meet a sailor and learn the art of sailing this ancient craft. As the sun starts to fade, enjoy colonial-style high tea at the historic Old Cataract Hotel.(Breakfast / Lunch / Afternoon Tea / Dinner)MEALSBreakfast, Lunch, Afternoon Tea, DinnerHOTELMS Medea (or similar).
Aswan and Back to Cairo.In the morning, disembark your cruise ship and enjoy time at leisure in Aswan. Why not join an optional experience by air to the magnificent Temples of Rameses II at Abu Simbel? Otherwise, spend the morning as you wish. There are many points of interest to enjoy; the Botanic Gardens, Elephantine Island, the Aga Khan Mausoleum, or soak up the African atmosphere in the Nubian bazaar. Later, transfer to the airport for your return flight to Cairo for the night.(Breakfast)MEALSBreakfastHOTELCairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino.
Depart Cairo.Your journey ends after breakfast with transfers to the airport.(Breakfast)MEALSBreakfast
- Splendors of Egypt & the Nile12 Days from $5,099
- Best of Egypt9 Days from $2,550
- Wonders of Ancient Egypt12 Days from $3,125
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director and certified Egyptologist will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned coach with onboard washroom. Alternate vehicles without onboard washroom may be used on occasion.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- 4 night Nile cruise aboard your mid-size cruise ship featuring air-conditioned cabins with private facilities, on either MS Medea, MS Miriam, MS Giselle, MS La Boheme or similar. Please note that gratuities are not included for the Travel Director, Nile Cruise staff, Drivers and Airport Escorts.
- Included economy class flights between Cairo/Luxor and Aswan/Cairo with transfers between airports and hotels.
- Complimentary transfers from/to Cairo Airport are available on arrival and departure days, or with additional accommodation booked through Insight Vacations.
- Luxor: Enjoy listening to stories of village life from local bakers when you visit a family home for a tasting of authentic Egyptian sun bread.
- Nile Cruise: Dress in traditional attire and join the fun at an Egyptian dinner and galabeya party.
- Aswan: In true tradition, just like Winston Churchill and Agatha Christie before you, enjoy high tea in true colonial English-style at Aswan’s famous Old Cataract Hotel, as the sun begins to set.
- Dining Summary: 8 Breakfasts (B), 4 Lunches (L), 1 Afternoon Tea (AT) and 4 Dinners (D), all with bottled water plus tea or coffee.
- Giza: With your Egyptologist, meet the enigmatic Sphinx and venture deep inside one of the pyramids, to the chambers where the pharaohs went to meet their Gods in the afterlife.
Stay in Style
- Cruising: Cruise the Nile in style, on-board your traditional Nile cruiser with its spacious cabins, bars, shops, lounge, restaurant and swimming pool.
- Cairo: The luxurious Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar El Khayyam Casino is conveniently located on Gezira Island in downtown Cairo. The central section was once the Gezirah Palace built for the Khedive Isma’il Pasha in 1869.
Top Rated Highlights
- Cairo: Guided by your Local Expert, gaze upon the most recognisable symbols of ancient Egypt: the full-faced funeral mask, gold coffin, gilded throne and precious jewellery – Tutankhamun’s treasures. Sightseeing includes sweeping vies over the city from the Citadel and a visit to the Great Alabaster Mosque.
- Giza: If only these walls could talk! Oh, but they do at the audio visual Sound & Light Show at the Great Pyramids.
- Memphis: See the statue of Rameses II along with the Alabaster Sphinx.
- Sakkara: View the oldest pyramid in the world, the Step Pyramid of Zoser I, existing for over 4,500 years.
- Cairo: Take a short scenic flight to Luxor where you will begin your Nile Cruise.
- Karnak: Stand amid a vast forest of columns in the largest temple complex known to man, as your Egyptologist explains the significance behind it. Walk the avenue of ram-headed sphinxes, see the of Rameses II and the Hypostyle Hall.
- Luxor: Visit Luxor Temple.
- West Bank: See the massive stone statues of the Colossi of Memnon.
- West Bank: Embark on an experience with an Egyptologist to visit the mortuary Temple Hatshepsut.
- West Bank: Explore with an Egyptologist the Valley of the Kings which is home to the magnificent tombs of Egypt’s Pharaohs.
- Kom Ombo: Visit the unique temple as it is the only double temple in Egypt.
- Philae Island: Travel by motorboat to Philae Island and witness the majestic Temple of Isis rising from the waters.
- Aswan: On a traditional Nile felucca, meet a sailor and learn the art of sailing this ancient Nile craft. Visit the High Dam and Granite Quarries.
- Aswan: Enjoy your short flight back to Cairo for your final night.