Delhi, a Rich Melting Pot.Your complimentary, private transfer takes you to your local departure airport. Welcome to India! On arrival at Indira Gandhi International Airport, you are greeted with a traditional floral garland and transferred to your modern five-star hotel. Join your Traveling Concierge at 6:30 pm for a Welcome Dinner at a local restaurant.MEALSDinner with WineHOTELRegency Delhi.
Delhi Sightseeing.Start the day with a cycle rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, including the bustling lanes of Chandni Chowk market. Stop for a photo at the impressive Red Fort, then visit the Mahatma Gandhi memorial at Raj Ghat. Explore India’s largest mosque, the magnificent Jama Masjid, built by Shah Jahan in 1650. Wander the wide boulevards of New Delhi and drive along the ceremonial Rajpath, past the imposing India Gate and Parliament House. Visit Qutub Minar, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and visit the Tomb of Emperor Humayun, one of the best-preserved Mughal monuments in Delhi.MEALSBreakfastHOTELRegency Delhi.
An Agra Adventure.On arrival to Agra, witness the hustle and bustle of everyday life as you are guided through the city to Agra Fort, a powerful fortress of red sandstone. Walk through the local market, explore the palatial Royal Pavilions and Gardens, before enjoying free time to relax. Later, one of the locals accompanies you on a walk through his village in the shadow of the Taj Mahal, sharing stories about his life as an agriculturalist.MEALSBreakfastHOTELTrident.
The Taj Mahal and Ranthambore.Admire the lustrous Taj Mahal, bathed in the first rays of dawn. Later journey to the historic city of Bharatpur and stop for lunch, before continuing to the station for your rail journey upon the Express Train, in air-conditioned chair class seats, to Ranthambore. On arrival, transfer to your luxurious hotel, built in the style of a traditional Rajput hunting palace, nestled in the foothills of the Aravalli Range, near the Ranthambore National Park.MEALSBreakfast, Lunch, DinnerHOTELNahargarh Ranthambore.
In Search of Tigers in Ranthambore.Start with an early morning journey into the former private hunting grounds of the Maharajahs of Jaipur, in search of the elusive tiger. More commonly seen in the dry, deciduous forest are the wild boars, monkeys, spotted deer and antelopes, but if you are ever going to witness tigers in their natural habitat, this is the place. Return to your resort for breakfast and a day at leisure. At dusk, enjoy another foray into the national park with an expert naturalist. Besides the wildlife, there are also lake palaces, traditional Chhatri, old fortifications and a majestic 1,000-year-old fort within the park.MEALSBreakfast, Lunch, DinnerHOTELNahargarh Ranthambore.
Jaipur, the Pink City.In the morning, embark on another exciting adventure to explore the territory of the majestic tiger—every wildlife enthusiast and photographer’s dream. After lunch, travel through the rural countryside where flat, green fields are abundant with brightly colored flowers. Your destination is the stunning Rajasthan capital of Jaipur. Visit the famous flower market where girls delicately thread garlands to be used for offerings, then explore the spice market, a place of olfactory wonderment. See the rainbow of colors as you pass giant bags of cardamom, red chillies, cinnamon and so many more. Continue to 1135 AD restaurant for a delicious freshly-prepared Highlight Dinner.MEALSBreakfast, Lunch, DinnerHOTELRajputana.
Jaipur Sightseeing.Enjoy a unique excursion, as you ascend by jeep to the Amber Fort, a superb example of Rajput architecture, with its terraces and ramparts reflected in the Maota Lake below. Inside, the royal halls are decorated with intricate ivory, mirrors and glass, complemented by exquisite wall paintings. Return to Jaipur to see the famous Hawa Mahal, also known as The Palace of Winds, and visit the famous Jantar Mantar, the observatory, constructed between 1727 and 1734 by Maharajah Jai Singh II. In the evening, you are privileged to an exclusive visit of the City Palace, now a museum housing a fabulous collection of Rajasthani and Mughal Art. Venture to Baradari Restaurant at the City Palace for your Celebration Dinner, an evening to remember.MEALSBreakfast, Dinner with WineHOTELRajputana.
Depart JaipurYour journey draws to a close with included transfers to Jaipur airport. Note: Guests continuing to Delhi Airport will arrive at 5:00 pm. Please do not schedule flights before 9:00 pm. This transfer will continue on to the extra night hotel. VIP Door-to-Door Service: On arrival at your home airport, your driver will greet and escort you to your waiting car for your private transfer home.MEALSBreakfast
- Treasures of India14 Days from $4,195
- India’s Golden Triangle & the Sacred Ganges13 Days from $5,499
- India’s Golden Triangle with Varanasi8 Days from $2,575
7 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 2 Dinners, 3 Dinners with Wine.
- Walk through a village in the shadow of the Taj Mahal with one of the villagers to discover the way of life as agriculturists next to India’s most famous monument. Money generated from the tour is used for sanitation in the village and education for women.
- Inside Agra’s red sandstone fortress, witness the fairytale palaces, audience halls and mosques of the Mughal rulers.
- Take a walk through the bustling local markets.
- Take a walk through the local markets and enjoy the colors and craftsmanship of the local sellers.
- Visit the majestic Taj Mahal, bathed in the first rays of dawn, and learn about this romantic national icon.
- Enjoy a ride on the express train from Bhraratpur to Ranthambore.
- Enjoy a rickshaw ride through the bustling streets of Old Delhi.
- See the Red Fort and visit Qutub Minar. Drive along the Rajpath to view the India Gate and Parliament House.
- Visit Raj Ghat and the Tomb of the Emperor Humayun.
- Led by your Traveling Concierge, explore the impressive Jama Masjid, India’s largest mosque.
- Ascend by jeep to stroll through the sprawling complex of courtyards and halls of Amber Fort. Enjoy the shimmering mirrored walls and ceilings, the airy rooms that housed queens and concubines, and the wonderful views of the surrounding countryside.
- Visit the City Palace Museum that houses traditional Rajasthani and Mughal Art as well as the royal observatory, built in 1726.
- Watch girls threading garlands to be used for offerings, when you visit the flower market. Marvel at the sights and delights in the smells as you explore the spice market.
- During a city tour with your Traveling Concierge see the Hawa Mahal, the Palace of Winds and visit the Jantar Mantar.
- In the evening you are privileged to an exclusive visit to the City Palace Museum housing traditional Rajasthani and Mughal Art.
- Venture inside this former royal hunting ground and enjoy three-game safaris with a naturalist.
- Visit the local markets and experience desert life.
- Take a jeep safari and experience rural village life as you are welcomed by the local community.
- During your city orientation see the oldest Jewish Synagogue in the Commonwealth and the murals of Mattancherry Palace.
- Truly experience India by traveling during one of its famed festivals. Holi is the festival of color, symbolizing the end of winter and encourages the people to play, laugh, forgive and forget. Diwali is the festival of light celebrated by lighting oil lamps and fireworks to welcome in the Hindu new year.
- Take a tuk tuk ride through the ancient streets and take in the sights and sounds of Sadar market.
- Explore the glorious abode of Lord Shiva and visit the complex of ancient cave temples.
Dates & Prices
AIRFARE IS NOT INCLUDED, BUT CAN BE ADDED TO QUOTE UPON REQUEST
- DEFINITE DEPARTURE
- FESTIVE CELEBRATIONS
- 2020 DEPARTURES
- INDIAN FESTIVALS
|START DATE||RETURN DATE||PRICE||DISCOUNT||AVAILABILITY|
|26 Oct 19||2 Nov 19||$3,175pp||AARP members save an additional $100||REQUEST QUOTEBOOK NOW|
|23 Nov 19||30 Nov 19||$3,175pp||AARP members save an additional $100||REQUEST QUOTEBOOK NOW|
|21 Dec 19||28 Dec 19||$3,375pp||AARP members save an additional $100||REQUEST QUOTEBOOK NOW|
|4 Jan 20||11 Jan 20||$3,175pp||AARP members save an additional $100||REQUEST QUOTEBOOK NOW|
|18 Jan 20||25 Jan 20||$3,175pp||AARP members save an additional $100||REQUEST QUOTEBOOK NOW|
|1 Feb 20||8 Feb 20||$3,175pp||AARP members save an additional $100||REQUEST QUOTEBOOK NOW|
|15 Feb 20||22 Feb 20||$3,175pp||AARP members save an additional $100||REQUEST QUOTEBOOK NOW|
|29 Feb 20||7 Mar 20||$3,175pp||AARP members save an additional $100||REQUEST QUOTEBOOK NOW|
|14 Mar 20||21 Mar 20||$3,175pp||AARP members save an additional $100||REQUEST QUOTEBOOK NOW|
|28 Mar 20||4 Apr 20||$3,175pp||AARP members save an additional $100||REQUEST QUOTEBOOK NOW|