Arrive Warsaw.On arrival at Warsaw airport, your transfers depart for your hotel at 10:30, 12:30 and 15:30. Relax and settle in before joining your Travel Director at 18:00. Your Welcome Dinner is at Restaurant Zapiecek, an authentic local restaurant full of Polish charm and serving delicious traditional meals accompanied with wine.(Dinner with Wine)MEALSDinner with WineHOTELThe Westin Warsaw.
Exploring the Proud Polish Capital of Warsaw.A Local Expert will show you how well the Polish capital was restored after almost complete obliteration during World War II. This incredible restoration can be credited to the amazing detail of Canaletto’s paintings! Pass the tiered Palace of Culture and stroll through Łazienki Park to the Chopin Memorial. Take a moment to reflect at the Monument to Ghetto Heroes, built in 1948 to commemorate the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising of 1943. Then walk to the Market Square in the Old Town. The rest of the day is yours to enjoy at leisure. Don’t miss the chance to visit Wilanow Palace, the residence of Polish King Sobieski, known as Victor of Vienna, or perhaps attend an exclusive private recital of Chopin music by a celebrated Polish pianist?(Breakfast)MEALSBreakfastHOTELThe Westin Warsaw.
Vilnius, Venerable Capital of Lithuania.Pass Augustów and Suwalki during your scenic journey through Masuria, a region rich in lakes and vast forests. Cross into Lithuania and continue to the capital city of Vilnius.(Breakfast / Dinner)MEALSBreakfast, DinnerHOTELRadisson Blu Royal Astorija Hotel, Vilnius.
Vilnius and the Island Castle of Trakai.Start your morning at the Baroque Church of St. Peter and St. Paul before moving on to see the neoclassical cathedral. Join your Local Expert for a leisurely walk through the pretty Old Town and see the Jesuit University and the Gates of Dawn. A highlight of your travels will be a visit to the fortified island castle of Trakai. Originally built in the 13th century and now restored to all its glory, this red-brick castle is located on an island in Lake Galvė. In the evening, unwind at your hotel or venture out and explore more of Vilnius. Budding artists should head to Užupis, the city’s bohemian art district. Translating to ‘the other side of the river,’ this relaxed district is home to a number of art galleries, coffee shops and boutique stores.(Breakfast)MEALSBreakfastHOTELRadisson Blu Royal Astorija Hotel, Vilnius.
Siauliai and the Art Nouveau Nirvana of Riga.Head north to visit the unusual Votive Hill of Crosses near Siauliai, the symbol of resistance against the Soviet occupation. Continue your escorted journey to the Latvian capital of Riga, a melange of Teutonic-inspired spires, stylish cocktail lounges and some of the world’s most remarkable art nouveau architecture.(Breakfast)MEALSBreakfastHOTELRadisson Blu Ridzene Hotel, Riga.
Riga Sightseeing and on to Tallinn.Explore Riga’s Old Town with your Local Expert, visit the old aircraft hangers that now house the Riga Central Market, one of the largest visited in Eastern Europe. Enjoy the vibrant colours and flavours when sampling some of the local delicacies as you wander through the maze of stalls. Your travels continue along the shores of the Gulf of Riga and across the Estonian border to reach Tallinn. Hailed by travel aficionados as the new Prague, Tallin is a lively city, where history and modern culture merge. From its brightly coloured architecture, to its quirky art scenes, Tallin is made for the curious and creative.(Breakfast)MEALSBreakfastHOTELRadisson Blu Sky Hotel, Tallinn.
Surrender to the Magic of Tallinn.With a Local Expert, drift back through 800 years of history as you stroll through the cobbled streets of the Old Town, a scene straight out of a fairytale. Visit the market square with its old German weighing house, pharmacy and Town Hall. The energetic may choose to walk up Toompea Hill to see the castle and Alexander Nevsky Cathedral. Enjoy free time to browse Tallinn’s shops, famous for fine amber and silver jewellery. Join your travelling companions at a local restaurant for your Celebration Dinner. Toast your trip as you savour a freshly prepared meal, rich with traditional flavours and accompanied with wine.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)MEALSBreakfast, Dinner with WineHOTELRadisson Blu Sky Hotel, Tallinn.
Depart Tallinn.Departure transfers arrive at Tallinn airport at 05:00 and 10:00.(Breakfast)MEALSBreakfast
- Russia, Warsaw & the Baltic States15 Days from $4,595
- Best of Finland, Russia & the Baltic States15 Days from $4,150
- Wonders of St. Petersburg & Moscow7 Days from $1,913
- Easy Pace Russia8 Days from $2,650
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
- Tallin: Enjoy an authentic meal in a local restaurant surrounded by your newfound friends at your Celebration Dinner in Tallinn.
- Riga: Enjoy the vibrant colours and flavours when sampling some of the local delicacies as you wander through the maze of stalls in Riga Central Market
- Dining Summary: 7 Breakfasts (B) and 3 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
Stay in Style
- Vilnius: Enjoy views overlooking the Old Town Square, from the verandah of Radisson Blu Royal Astorija Hotel.
Top Rated Highlights
- Vilnius: Explore the Old Town and see the Jesuit University, the Gates of Dawn and the former Soviet KGB headquarters, as you are led by your Local Expert.
- Warsaw. Your Local Expert will explain how this city that was once obliterated city, has been faithfully restored, thanks to art! Explore the Market square in the Old Town, see the tiered Palace of Culture and visit the Chopin Memorial and pay your respects at the Ghetto Heroes Monument.
- Trakai: Take in the idyllic lake setting as you cross the wooden footbridge to the red-brick Gothic castle.
- Vilnius: Visit the church of St. Peter and St. Paul and see the cathedral.
- Siaulai: Visit the unusual Votive Hill of Crosses.
- Riga. Sightseeing of Riga’s Old Town with a Local Expert includes a visit to the Domkirk and seeing the city walls, the House of the Three Brothers and the castle of the Livonian Knights.
- Tallinn: The Old Town is almost a scene from a fairytale and you will have the chance to explore, led by your Local Expert. Visit the market square and see the old German weighing house, pharmacy and Town Hall. If you’re feeling energetic, perhaps walk up Toompea Hill to see the castle and Alexander Nevsky Cathedral.
- Scenic Drives: Enjoy the views as you travel through Masuria and along the Gulf of Riga.
Dates & Prices
AIRFARE IS NOT INCLUDED, BUT CAN BE ADDED TO QUOTE UPON REQUEST
- DEFINITE DEPARTURE
|START DATE: SUN, JUL 28, 2019RETURN DATE: SUN, AUG 4, 2019||SAVE: $265Promo Code: LMD448AARP members save an additional $100||REQUEST QUOTE|
|START DATE: SUN, AUG 4, 2019RETURN DATE: SUN, AUG 11, 2019||SAVE: $265Promo Code: LMD454AARP members save an additional $100||REQUEST QUOTE|
|START DATE: SUN, SEP 1, 2019RETURN DATE: SUN, SEP 8, 2019||$2,295pp||AARP members save an additional $100||REQUEST QUOTEBOOK NOW|
|START DATE: SUN, SEP 8, 2019RETURN DATE: SUN, SEP 15, 2019||$2,295pp||AARP members save an additional $100||REQUEST QUOTEBOOK NOW|
|START DATE: SUN, SEP 15, 2019RETURN DATE: SUN, SEP 22, 2019||$2,295pp||AARP members save an additional $100||REQUEST QUOTEBOOK NOW|
|START DATE: SUN, SEP 22, 2019RETURN DATE: SUN, SEP 29, 2019||$2,295pp||AARP members save an additional $100||REQUEST QUOTEBOOK NOW|
Optional Experiences are subject to change. Your Travel Director will supply you with a final list of Optional Experiences available on your trip. Optional Experiences cannot be booked online; they can be purchased during your trip through your Travel Director.
Adult Price: € 46.00
The spirit of Warsaw and the music of Chopin go hand in hand. In a concert venue located in the centre of Warsaw, enjoy an exclusive private recital of his music performed by a celebrated Polish pianist. Champagne is served during the intermission.
Adult Price: € 34.00
To the Polish people, Wilanów is more than just a palace – it’s a national treasure, the embodiment of an era from which much has been lost. Join a local expert for a guided visit to the ‘Polish Versailles’. Walk within the baroque royal residence to admire the stunning collection of furniture, portraits and china which forms part of the National Museum.
LITHUANIAN DINNER AND ENTERTAINMENT
Adult Price: € 60.00
Take your seats for a fun-filled evening of traditional entertainment and hearty Lithuanian cuisine. Expect delicious dishes prepared according to age-old recipes, an authentic atmosphere and colourful folklore entertainment featuring traditional dancers, musicians and songs.
KGB MUSEUM VISIT
Adult Price: € 30.00
The former KGB headquarters are a grim reminder of the regime of terror that existed under Soviet occupation. A local expert takes you through the emphatically named Museum of Genocide Victims which recounts the Soviet years of political oppression and the partisan fight for independence. In the basement, reflect while in the cells used for the torture and imprisonment of dissidents right up until the late 1980’s.
LATVIAN OPEN AIR MUSEUM AND DINNER
Adult Price: € 56.00
Situated in beautiful woodland beside a lake, explore over one hundred buildings from the 17th to 19th century for a glimpse of rural Latvian life over the centuries. Continue to a restaurant for a traditional Latvian dinner with drinks included.