Welcome to Casablanca.On arrival at Casablanca airport, your transfer leaves for your landmark city hotel at 09:00, 11:00, 13:00 or 15:00. Join your Travel Director and fellow guests at 18:00 for your Welcome Dinner, with the opportunity to mingle over a pleasant evening of good food and wine.(Dinner with Wine)MEALSDinner with WineHOTELGrand Mogador City Center, Casablanca.
Imperial Meknes, Rabat and Fes.An exploration of the sights of Casablanca will show you the huge Hassan II Mosque, the largest in the country. Venture to the très chic seaside strip known as the Corniche, which stretches to the west and is lined with trendy restaurants and cafes. Depart for the capital of Rabat to see the Royal Palace, Hassan Tower and visit one of the few holy places open to non-Muslims, the lavish Mausoleum of King Mohammed V which is both an architectural marvel and a monument to a great ruler. Travel to Meknes, one of the kingdom’s great imperial cities dating back to the 11th century; its surroundings have remained unchanged for centuries. Stand before the Bab el-Mansour, the monumental entrance to the imperial city and focal point of Place El-Hedim before continuing to Fes. You’ll be delighted with your superb Moroccan Highlight Dinner in an ancient palace at the entrance to the Medina. A colourful array of meze plates, aromatic tagines, exotic fruits and wine will be laid before you while you are entertained with a traditional folklore show. Enjoy the carnival-like atmosphere of belly dancers, drums and authentic music — a truly unforgettable experience!(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)MEALSBreakfast, Dinner with WineHOTELPalais Medina & Spa, Fes.
Fes Sightseeing.Led by your Local Expert, wander the maze of streets that make up the ancient Medina. Pass one of the world’s oldest universities and see the hidden courtyards, mosques and workshops. Continue through the souks where an array of vendors sell food, clothes, leather goods and beautiful lights. Learn about the ancient craft of carpet making, witness age-old techniques of pottery making and learn how khobz, the traditional local bread, is made.(Breakfast / Dinner)MEALSBreakfast, DinnerHOTELPalais Medina & Spa, Fes.
The Ziz Gorges to Erfoud.Leave the bustle of the city behind and head for the spectacular snow-capped High Atlas Mountains. Pass through Ifrane before reaching the great cedar forests of Azrou. After stopping for lunch at Midelt, continue through the magnificent Ziz Gorges, past palm-fringed towns to Er Rachidia, built by the French at an important crossroads. Your destination is Erfoud, where the red sand buildings contrast against the patches of greenery and surrounding desert. In the evening, there is an Optional Experience to meet the nomadic desert dwellers and marvel at the glorious Sahara sunset on a four-wheel drive vehicle.(Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)MEALSBreakfast, Lunch, DinnerHOTELKasbah Hotel Xaluca Arfoud, Erfoud.
Spectacular Ouarzazate.Venture towards the oasis of Tinehir and explore the Todra Gorge, known as the Grand Canyon of the Sahara. At Boumalne-du-Dades you will encounter the dry, rugged Dades Valley that is dotted with oases of figs, olives, date palms and castellated mud houses hugging the slopes. Meet the locals of the region when you visit a traditional Nomad house to try authentic Berber tea. The Road of a Thousand Kasbahs concludes at Ouarzazate. It is known as the Film Capital of Morocco, with blockbusters such as Lawrence of Arabia to Star Wars having been filmed here.(Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)MEALSBreakfast, Lunch, DinnerHOTELLe Berbère Palace, Ouarzazate.
To Marrakesh.Visit the fascinating UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Ksar of Aït Benhaddou, one of the finest examples of South Moroccan architecture, boasting one of Morocco’s finest kasbahs. Your journey continues via the spectacular Tizi n’Tichka Pass, before descending past charming mountain villages, dense woods and green fields to the ochre-coloured city of Marrakesh. With the rest of the day at your leisure, why not relax and enjoy the immaculate facilities of your hotel?(Breakfast)MEALSBreakfastHOTELMövenpick Mansour Eddahbi Marrakech.
Marrakesh, Pearl of the South.Meet your Local Expert in the bustling Jemaa el-Fnaa Square, where you can take a moment to watch the dancers, snake charmers, storytellers and acrobats. Explore the Medina and see the Koutoubia Mosque, with its minaret dominating the Marrakesh skyline. Visit the intricately decorated Palais Bahia, intended to be the greatest palace of its time when it was built in the late 19th century. With time at leisure, you are free to continue exploring, try your hand at haggling in the souks or maybe visit a museum? In the evening, perhaps choose to take a charming horse and carriage ride to a vibrant restaurant on Jemaa el-Fnaa Square where you will enjoy a slew of classic Moroccan dishes as you absorb the ambiance and watch twirling belly dancers balance plates of lit candles on their heads.(Breakfast)MEALSBreakfastHOTELMövenpick Mansour Eddahbi Marrakech.
legant Essaouira.Venture to the west coast of Africa to reach the laid-back fishing town of Essaouira. After checking into your hotel, why not spend the afternoon navigating the narrow alleyways, exploring the busy fishing port or maybe just relaxing on the beach? In the evening, you could sample the local seafood and wine at a waterside restaurant.(Breakfast)MEALSBreakfastHOTELAtlas Essaouira & Spa.
Return to Casablanca.Once you’ve experienced the traditional charms of the country, Casablanca is a fascinating place to return to as it offers a unique insight into modern Morocco. In the evening ‘of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world’ there really is only one place to be. Join your Travel Director at Rick’s Café, recreated from the famous movie. Enjoy a hearty Celebration Dinner with drinks and no doubt a rendition of ‘As Time Goes By’. Here’s looking at you kid!(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)MEALSBreakfast, Dinner with WineHOTELGrand Mogador City Center, Casablanca.
Au revoir Casablanca.Departure transfers arrive at Casablanca airport at 05:00, 07:00, 10:00 and 12:00.(Breakfast)MEALSBreakfast
- Highlights of Spain, Morocco and Portugal16 Days from $2,250
- Treasures of Spain, Portugal & Morocco17 Days from $4,250
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned coach.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
- Fes: Join in the fun at a colourful Moroccan feast, complete with rhythmic music, writhing belly dancers and an array of local dishes and delicacies.
- Dades Valley: Stop at a traditional Nomad house and meet the locals as you try Berber tea.
- Casablanca: You must remember this…a fabulous 4-course Celebration Dinner with drinks at Rick’s Café, made famous by the 1942 film.
- Dining Summary: 9 Breakfasts (B), 2 Lunches (L), 3 Dinners (D) and 3 Dinners with Wine (DW), all with tea or coffee. Festive Highlight Dinners: 25 Dec New Year’s Eve in Marrakesh & 27 Dec New Year’s Eve in Ouarzazate, will replace included meals.
Stay in Style
- Fes: The Palais Medina & Spa is set in a 5-hectare Andalusian garden, with the perfect alliance between tradition and modern luxury.
- Erfoud: Erfoud is known as the Door to the Desert. The Kasbah Hotel Xaluca is unique having been built with adobes, the traditional Moroccan building bricks, and it is a great place to relax and enjoy the moment.
- Ouarzazate: The recently renovated Le Berbère Palace offers 5-star luxury suites to all guests, along with fine food and a delightful swimming pool.
- Essaouira: Located beachfront in Essaouira, the Atlas Essaouira & Spa features two swimming pools, a fitness centre and a spa with hammam.
Top Rated Highlights
- Casablanca: See the Hassan II Mosque and the Corniche.
- Rabat: See the Royal Palace and Hassan Tower.
- Fes: Explore the Medina with your Local Expert. Walk through the souks and pass one of the world’s oldest universities.
- Fes: Witness local artisans using long-standing techniques to create pottery and khobz, the traditional local bread and a staple to any Moroccan meal.
- Rabat: Visit the Mohammed V Mausoleum, a masterpiece of traditional Moroccan art and one of the very few Islamic religious buildings open to non-Muslims.
- Meknes: Admire the Bab el-Mansour Gate on Place El-Hedim in the heart of the Medina.
- Erfoud: Enjoy the beauty of this little oasis with the back drop of the Sahara desert whilst you explore the red walled streets.
- Todra Gorge: Explore this fascinating ravine caused by a fault that has split the orange-coloured limestone as deep as 300 meters.
- Dades Valley: See the castellated mud houses and oases.
- Ouarzazate: Learn more about this quiet town in a city orientation and see why it has been the back drop to many films as you wander its red sandy streets.
- Aït Benhaddou: The Ksar is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is one of the finest examples of South Moroccan architecture. See the crowded houses within the defensive walls that are reinforced by the corner towers and explore one of Morocco’s finest kasbahs.
- Marrakesh: Your Local Expert leads you from bustling Jemaa el-Fnaa Square, through the Medina to Koutoubia Mosque, with its notable minaret.
- Marrakesh: Built around a lovely inner garden, explore the Bahia Palace and see glimpses of a Moroccan kingdom’s former opulence.
- Essaouira: See the beauty of this bohemian coastal town as you explore the many spice-scented streets of the medina.
- Scenic Drives: Travelling Morocco is all about the senses. Take in the ever changing scenery of the Middle Atlas Mountains, Azrou, the Ziz Gorges, Tinehir and the Dades Valley. Travel along the Road of a Thousand Kasbahs, Tizi n’Tichka Pass and the African North-West Coast.
Dates & Prices
AIRFARE IS NOT INCLUDED, BUT CAN BE ADDED TO QUOTE UPON REQUEST
- DEFINITE DEPARTURE
- FESTIVE CELEBRATIONS
|START DATE: SAT, NOV 2, 2019RETURN DATE: MON, NOV 11, 2019||SAVE: $117PAY BY AUG 29AARP members save an additional $100||REQUEST QUOTEBOOK NOW|
|START DATE: SAT, NOV 16, 2019RETURN DATE: MON, NOV 25, 2019||$2,350pp||AARP members save an additional $100||REQUEST QUOTEBOOK NOW|
|START DATE: FRI, DEC 20, 2019RETURN DATE: SUN, DEC 29, 2019||SAVE: $119PAY BY AUG 29AARP members save an additional $100||REQUEST QUOTEBOOK NOW|
|START DATE: FRI, DEC 27, 2019RETURN DATE: SUN, JAN 5, 2020||SAVE: $128PAY BY AUG 29AARP members save an additional $100||REQUEST QUOTEBOOK NOW|
|START DATE: SAT, JAN 4, 2020RETURN DATE: MON, JAN 13, 2020||SAVE: $119PAY BY AUG 29AARP members save an additional $100||REQUEST QUOTEBOOK NOW|
|START DATE: SAT, JAN 25, 2020RETURN DATE: MON, FEB 3, 2020||SAVE: $117PAY BY AUG 29AARP members save an additional $100||REQUEST QUOTEBOOK NOW|
|START DATE: SAT, FEB 8, 2020RETURN DATE: MON, FEB 17, 2020||SAVE: $117PAY BY AUG 29AARP members save an additional $100||REQUEST QUOTEBOOK NOW|
|START DATE: SAT, FEB 29, 2020RETURN DATE: MON, MAR 9, 2020||SAVE: $119PAY BY AUG 29AARP members save an additional $100||REQUEST QUOTEBOOK NOW|
|START DATE: SAT, MAR 14, 2020RETURN DATE: MON, MAR 23, 2020||SAVE: $119PAY BY AUG 29AARP members save an additional $100||REQUEST QUOTEBOOK NOW|
|START DATE: SAT, MAR 28, 2020RETURN DATE: MON, APR 6, 2020||SAVE: $119PAY BY AUG 29AARP members save an additional $100||REQUEST QUOTEBOOK NOW|
- Festive Celebrations: Christmas and/or New Year Celebrations have been arranged for these departures.
SERVICEVACATIONINDEPENDENT REVIEWSRonald HostaTravel date: Friday, January 11, 2019SERVICETransfer of knowledge about the Morocco to us was outstanding. Hotels were top notch however service was abysmal. Same for the restaurants.VACATIONLearned a lot about the culture and was happy to see the progress being made by the current king.Trusted CustomerTravel date: Thursday, January 10, 2019SERVICEMy contact information changed in the middle of arrangements for this trip, and although I notified GET the info didn’t get to Insight. Insight service was fine.VACATIONGood value for the all-round quality. Excellent lodgings by Moroccan standards (some a bit shabby, bathtub/showers difficult to navigate). Wonderful sites, and exposure to families and special locations. Superior bus driver (Abraham). Fantastic guide (Hassan). It will take me quite some time to digest all the experiences and facts. Major complaint – Morocco’s coffee is sludge!Trusted CustomerTravel date: Monday, November 5, 2018SERVICEI have been happy with all my GET trips however this Morocco Premium trip felt rushed and much too structured.Response from Grand European Travel:We are sorry to hear about you feeling rushed and structured. While we have to stick to a pretty strict schedule, we do try to allow some leisure time for those who prefer that option. We hope that you were able to come home with some happy memories despite these issues.Thursday, November 8, 2018VACATIONRushed and much too structured.Trusted CustomerTravel date: Monday, October 15, 2018SERVICETravel arrangements were great. Coming home through JFK was a little stressful but not related to arrangements but rather we had nowhere to “park” until another aircraft pulled out. Enthusiastic guide, Hassan showed us his country and helped us to understand his culture. Our driver Abdullah was outstanding. Fun group of folks. Enjoyed the Sahara sunset and the coast! This country is so varied and enjoyed this trip. As our guide said this is a third world country but if you open your attitude you’ll find this an amazing journey.VACATIONFelt this was a good value. Not fond of buffet breakfasts but can always find something to get my day started. Some folks were not happy with their rooms but traveling as a “single”…rooms were just fine. Rooms are more European and AC doesn’t always work. Again we’re in another country so keep that in mind! The optional tours were reasonably priced and when you are there it makes sense to do all you can. Have to say we had time for a hamman and a swim in Marrakech. Well worth it!Steven GiordanoTravel date: Monday, October 1, 2018SERVICEGET were polite, efficient, quick to respond to all my questions and concerns. I asked them to find a less expensive fare to my destination, which they quickly did, saving me a considerable amount of money. My one issue, admittedly minor, is that they did not consider seat assignments carefully: on the trans-Atlantic segments of my flights I was assigned seats adjacent to a galley or toilet, or both, when most seats in Business were still unassigned. I changed those assignments myself after consulting Seat Guru.Response from Grand European Travel:Thank you for taking the time to write. We are so pleased to see that you enjoyed your trip. Regarding seat assignments on your flights, GET will only take a request for seats as the airline has control over actual assignments and they could change at any time. We are happy that you were able to secure the seat you preferred.Monday, October 1, 2018VACATIONExcellent value for money. Never before had I been on a group tour where there wasn’t an issue with a hotel or with the one or more included meals: all were very good to excellent. Included tours were very good, the local guides personable and knowledgeable, the tour director excellent, and my fellow travelers were well-traveled and considerate of each other.Trusted CustomerTravel date: Saturday, March 3, 2018SERVICEThis is my second tour with GET. No complaints.VACATIONTour Price was OK. The price of an extra night in Casablanca was too much. GET was not able to obtain a good price for the air travel.Khosro YektaTravel date: Wednesday, October 25, 2017SERVICEI met the Tour manager (Abdulwahab) at the airport. He took us to beautiful Grand Magador hotel. I have traveled with different travel agencies and I found the service and response of Great European Travel (GET) to be excellent. Hotels were nice and places to visit were great. It was a very enjoyable Morocco tour. Both the tour manager and driver were friendly and courteous, Tour Manager was funny, reliable and detailed. He had good knowledge of places, history and culture of Morocco and his English was good. As for driver (kareem) he was courteous, considerate and cautious driver. These two make a great team. Tour Manager (Abdulwahab) has a warm personality and highly motivated. He knows the cultural and religious history and how to beat the crowds at the sites, as well as where to get the best photos, and where to eat well. Thank you Great European Tour, Tout manager (Abdulwahab) and Driver (Kareem). I will have no hesitation in recommending you to my friends.Response from Grand European Travel:Thank your for taking the time to write a detailed review. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your trip, and were impressed with our Tour Director and Driver. Morocco is a wonderful destination and we’re glad you were able to explore it with us – we hope to see you on another tour soon!Monday, October 30, 2017VACATIONGood price for a great tour.